Translate

Friday 6 November 2009

Still ill

I'm still ill. Felt better on Tues & got up then in afternoon started feeling bad & that night felt like I was dying. Phoned doctor on Weds & he said to go & see him. I had to go in through back door & wear a mask & he put on a mask too. After taking my temperature in each ear several times & commenting on fact that one ear was hotter than the other he said I could have mild swine flu or I could be getting worse swine flu or I could have a different virus. He said that in fact no-one really knows who's got swine flu & who hasn't. The government just arbitrarily decided that if you've got cold symptoms & a temp over 38 you can get tamiflu. Anyway he said I should go home & rest. So we cancelled J's piano lesson, the friend who was coming to dinner tonight & the firework party & I'm spending most of time asleep in bed when I'm not coughing.
J's school had a church service for Year 7s this morning to which parents were invited. I couldn't go but P went along & said it was very good but hardly any parents there.
Had bit if a panicky call from J this evening - he had too little bus fare for 2nd bus. Super-heroine Becky went & picked him up then went to get her children from after school club & another mum brought J back here. Quite a relief to see him.

No comments: