Translate

Saturday 21 November 2009

Update

Tracy who I mentioned yesterday is apparently a bit better today, they gave her a new drug and it seems to be helping. She is off the ventilator & breathing by herself. There is some concern as the drug can have major side effects but things are looking better.

Both P & J were a lot better this morning & I feel less exhausted today, mainly because for the first time in 4 nights I slept in my own bed. On Tuesday I slept on an airbed next to J who insisted he wanted to sleep on the sofa. He wanted me to sleep near him as he was afraid to sleep alone when he felt so ill. The airbed didn't seem to be inflated enough & felt like lying on jelly. J kept coughing & groaning in his sleep.Outside the wind was howling. From the cloakroom came a rustling sound which I was convinced was a pack of supersize rats trying to break in & our in-house rodent kept walking round his wheel (he seems to have got too old to run round it) all night. So basically I didn't sleep. The next night Digger was banished to the kitchen, P inflated the airbed a bit more & J & I swapped over. He slept well but I found the sofa was too short. If I can't stretch out my legs the muscles sometimes go into spasms which they kept doing all night. The next night J went back to his high-level bed but I slept underneath him in the futon. This wasn't too bad, it was a bit short but my legs hungover the end. However the waterproof mattress cover, which I'd put on to cover all eventualities from J's sleepover friends, rustled every time I moved. Then last night I was back in my comfy wumfy bed next to my coughing husband.


No comments: