Translate

Saturday 28 November 2009

Recap

This is a summary of the last few weeks: I was ill for 2 weeks then felt well enough to go to the school fair on the Saturday. This was actually really enjoyable although crowded & a bit tricky getting round with my scooter. There was something strange though. Last year when I was going round J's junior school Christmas fair in the wheelchair nearly everybody was totally avoiding eye contact with me & there were several incidents when people struck up conversations with Louise who was pushing me & completely ignored me. Although I went round with an 'I don't mind at all' manic grin I sort of did mind a bit. Anyway at J's school fair this year people were coming up & talking to me! How odd. Someone even came up & asked if I wanted raffle tickets, I don't think that's happened to me before.
P had a chat with J's form teacher who said he's settling in well & 'joining in'.
Once we'd parted with loads of money & P had won a bottle of wine & some maltesers & J had won loads of sweets, a teddy, a balloon & a giant plastic hammer & I'd won 2 sachets of chemical laden bath creme we went out into the rain & decided to do a bit of shopping. There are some really interesting shops near J's school including a craft shop where I got some card-making supplies.
I'm going to have to stop for now because P is wanting the computer. I bet it's just so he can go on his flight simulator or check ebay for model aeroplanes.

No comments: