Translate

Friday 9 October 2009

Update

J been back at school but tummy still painful, this morning he said it was a lot worse but he has 3 assessments today (History, Geography & German) so decided he would go in. Just hope he's alright.

I have been really struggling with feeling low lately but today I feel better. I'll tell you what's made me feel better if it goes on making me feel better.

Can you believe what Parcelforce did yesterday? They left my parcel outside our neighbours house & faked a signature? Should they be called Parcelforge? In fact I think I'll email that & say it to them. This even surpasses ANC who took a parcel back to the depot & didn't bother to tell anyone they couldn't deliver it so our 'next day delivery' ended up taking 12 days.

Some other updates:
  • I'm knitting a cardigan.
  • I have been tidying up garden a bit & have planted some winter pansies in a container. In all my life I've never had winter pansies before.
  • P getting on well with ventilation system.
  • J's writing seems to have improved dramatically. Yesterday he came home having written a whole page of a story for English & wanted to carry on with it at home & there wasn't a single bit of moaning or procrastination! We can't get our heads round it really. What we need to get him to realise is, as his teacher wrote on his book 'commas do matter'. She's probably also going to consider that paragraphs do matter.
  • People buying Dorothy's house have cleared overgrown bushes & brambles away. Looks a bit like a war-zone now.
  • A load of Digger's fur fell out but it's growing back now.
  • I'm trying (or perhaps struggling should be the word) to learn a bit of German to help J. (The other night I helped him with his French & got it wrong).
  • Yesterday we had a really lovely sunny day, just like summer again.
  • Removal van outside Lucy's house this morning, can't believe she's really going.
  • Doctor thinks I've got 'boredhousewifeitis'. He suggested I should do something with my brain & said 'You're interested in church stuff why don't you do an on-line theology course?' What I'm thinking is 'Why don't I?' Well apart from time, cost etc why don't I?

No comments: