Translate

Monday 5 October 2009

Sorry for absence

Sorry, I don't know what's happened to my blogging lately, just a combination of busyness, tiredness, lethaargy & being outside enjoying the sunshine (we did have sunshine for a while, it's raining today). If I've got any readers left at all I'm going to try & get a grip & do a bit at least every few days.

So a quick update:

  • School still going well apart from J sometimes getting called 'Ginger Head'.
  • J off school sick today, think it's just all the new germs at school.
  • We went to new parents evening at school, teachers all seemed nice & actually seemed to genuinely remember him which was impressive. Met one of J's new friends & his family from Pakistan. Lovely family, Dad a research physicist, seems very clever, so does his son.
  • J helped with open evening last week for prospective pupils & parents. Some appalling bribery going on among teachers: 'If you help with my subject I'll give you 10 school points' 'Ok the French teachers giving 15 points I'll give 20'! J helped with technology, predictably & spent the evening trying to stop the robots falling over.
  • J really got into cookery since starting Food Technology. Came home with impressive 'Fruit Fusion' (fruit salad to you & me). On Saturday he made us 'Pizza Toast for tea'.
  • Travelling to school not too bad, most days I take him in the morning & he comes home by bus.
  • There's a reasonably priced Ironing Service on way to school. Yay!
  • P working on ventilation system for house. Getting quite creative about forming his ducts, keeps holding bits of equipment under my nose & saying 'What do you think?' 'Er, very nice dear.'
  • Dorothy's house sale going though, the buyer's solicitor just been so slow. Hopefully should exchange this week (they said that last week).
  • Church & housegroup going well. Tonight I'm going to pub for farewell for Lucy as she's moving (sob). She's going to come to housegroup for a while as her son will still be in nursery in village for this year but they have bought a house in a village about 30 mile away so she will be finding a new church.
  • J's piano teacher started coming to give him lessons on Wednesdays which is good as it'll prompt us to have weekly tidy up. I've invited Emily for coffee this Thursday when hopefully the house won't be too bad. Perhaps I should invite somebody every week. Can't believe how well J gets on with piano teacher though I think J needs to grasp that if he & teacher disagree on how a piece should be played teacher is probably right.

No comments: