Translate

Monday 26 October 2009

Half term is here

Why, I wondered this morning, did I make a doctor's appointment so early on the first day of half term when I could have had a lie-in? Because doctor's appointments are sometimes like gold dust is the answer. It was only for a medication review & I spent an hour waiting & thinking what a stressful job being a receptionist must be a a couple of people were distinctly awkward. After that went round Becky's for a cup of tea then went home as Tim's tutor coming. He's in the run-up to his senior school entrance exams (how nice to have all that over with). His little sister who will be doing them next year has also started working for them. She seems a lot more motivated than Tim.
Then I went home & tidied & cleaned the house a lot. There are only 2 people I really want to impress with my tidying. One is Becky & the other is my brother (sibling rivalry never dies). When Becky came back with Tim who is staying for a sleepover she was almost impressed by the clear table but said we need to declutter which is easier said than done because most of the clutter doesn't belong to me. I had been doing quite well with getting rid of stuff then I helped at the bookstall at a charity event & we ended up bringing home 3 big boxes of leftover books.
One thing I have done though is decided that the end of the dining room is 'my area' & if anybody leaves anything in it it's instantly moved, so I have a nice clear area to sit in a comfortable chair with my plants & photos & my pansies just outside the French doors.
P's Dad is still doing well, going to start physio on his legs tomorrow.
Hope boys sleep on sleepover.

No comments: