Translate

Tuesday 20 January 2009

At this time of year I feel like just hiding away in a corner somewhere. The reason is that wherever I go everyone seems to be talking about their new exercise regime & the gym they've just joined & they've got this facility & that facility & this new gym is much better that the last one they joined because it's got two jacuzzis & a steam room & you should see their rowing machine. Doesn't it ever occur to anyone that it's just a teensy bit tactless, talking about all that stuff in front of me? One of the really hard things for me about getting middle aged is that I keep reading about how important it is to exercise at this stage of life & I can't do it. I just have to sit here & let my body rot.
I've just come back from the house group, I gave a lift to a new girl who's started coming & she's ever so nice & we had a birthday cake as it was somebody's birthday. I was just struggling this morning. For one thing I'm not at my best at the moment, didn't sleep well the last 2 nights, very tired. We started off with a long chat, firstly the gym conversation & then talking about holidays. Some of the people in our group have a lot of holidays, they're always just back from somewhere exotic &/or just about to go somewhere exotic. The problem is I don't have many holidays, I don't think I am jealous, I just sort of feel out of it & it rubs it in a bit how different their lives are to mine. I just wish we didn't have to talk about holidays every single week. I can't say anything though because I don't want them to have to restrict their conversation & walk on eggshells because of me. So I'll just moan to my blog.
Our discussion about the sermon didn't go very well this morning. We had a visiting preacher & none of us had understood what he said very well. I think perhaps he's just on a higher intellectual plane than we are.

No comments: