Translate

Friday 23 October 2015

The new brace doesn't work out

Well the new knee brace arrived. It was a bit hard to get it on  - P had to pull it up for me. It seemed really comfortable - at first. Then bit by bit the pain started, rapidly increasing to extreme pain. "Help me get this off" I yelled to P who thankfully was still at home.

There is a ring which goes round the kneecap leaving the kneecap itself open. Where the top part of the ring had been was bright red and the pain was bad. Really bad. And it went on being bad and when P had gone out to I had a sort of frustrated outburst and then just sat and cried because I'd wanted the brace to take the pain away and for me to be able to walk a little bit again and all that had happened was it had got worse.

"I do trust you but I don't understand," I sobbed to God.

The phone rang - it was one of our pastors calling to ask how I was. I admitted that I wasn't really all that ok and she prayed down the phone.

It just felt like God had got her to phone. It felt like He cared.

Yesterday the pain was still really bad and I stayed in bed most of the day and took painkillers and wore my original leg brace all night. This morning the pain was definitely less. I think the knee just needs a bit of rest.

No comments: