Translate

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Bend knee bend

I don't manage to do much cooking but occasionally I manage a batch of brownies. The other day J said it was ages since I'd made any but when you're confined to a wheelchair with your leg sticking out it's not very easy. So on Saturday while P was out at a church leadership course I sat with the recipe book on my lap and J followed my instructions. It was actually a really nice time together and we did very well. Can't believe how quickly they disappeared. We had a few to have as dessert with ice-cream when my brother came to visit in the evening.

Next Saturday I think we'll do a sponge cake.

The bad thing that happened on Saturday was that in my eagerness to get my knee to bend I overdid the exercises and it's been hurting a lot. I've rested it for the last two days and started doing some gentle stretches today. I've had the brace off but wondering if I should put it back on for a while and then it would hurt less even though the brace is uncomfortable and squashes my leg a bit. I don't know. Getting this knee to bend is honestly one of the hardest things I've ever done.

No comments: