Translate

Thursday 27 December 2012

Church

So much has happened since I blogged back in October. I've read the last few posts I wrote then and I can't believe what I was capable of doing then because I can't do all that stuff now. I really can't do much at all now. My hands have deteriorated so much I can hardly use them. I think it's obvious now that I've got some sort of arthritis, I've got an out-patient appointment very soon, hopefully they'll be able to do something. Anyway I'm trusting in God, He's going to get me through this.

We left our old church on November 4th. We both gave a goodbye speech. I'd planned what I was going to say, which was thank you and I'll miss you then I felt God was saying to tell them about my illness and how He's been leading me through it and how I still believe He's going to heal me. I think this was a bit difficult for our minister as he doesn't believe any more that I'm going to be healed but if I felt God was saying to say it then I had to say it. Afterwards two women who were visiting, as it was also Becky and her husband's 25th anniversary, came up to me and said how much what I'd said had impacted them. One who's not a Christian but doing an Alpha Course said she felt it helped her understand God better. Wow.

A lady from my housegroup had made us a lovely cake, the top looked just like a Bible, it was amazing and I was so touched. What was a bit embarrassing was that everyone expected me to cry and for some reason I didn't. I still see quite a lot of the people anyway as I still go to the coffee morning, went to their Christmas lunch, met up with the housegroup for breakfast, went back for the nativity at which J lit the Advent candle and like I said we were there Christmas Day.

Meanwhile the new church is going fine. The launch went really well although it was very hard for me as unbelievably while I was getting ready to go a family member phoned out of the blue and picked a fight with me. So I spent the launch trying not to cry. Then I wasn't able to attend the first service as I'd gone down with norovirus (which is the pits). Since then, apart fom the struggle with my hands, it's been going well. On Sunday there is going to be an opportunity for sharing and testimony and I'm wondering if I dare do mine. Do I? If I chicken out I'll have to confess it here.    

No comments: