Translate

Friday 16 July 2010

Update

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while, life has been hectic beyond belief. Here's bit of an update:

  • J & I worked incredibly hard for his piano exam, he felt it went well but we'll have to wait & see.
  • Zoomed up to see my brother last weekend as he was having a 'surprise' birthday party although I don't think it was much of a surprise in the end. I made a little book with photos & stories from his younger days which took me far longer than I expected & ended up as a mad rush but everyone seemed to like it. P made cake which also ended up as a mad rush - he was icing it just before party started. Had good journeys both ways, after briefly visiting friends on the way (sorry it was so brief) stayed in Wolverhampton Travelodge which was ok except it's really tricky to find the car park. Got there just half an hour before restaurant closed so managed to get dinner which we'd prebooked. They did a buffet for breakfast which was nice, J ate an awful lot - tried a bit of nearly everything.
  • My Dad is doing ok, still having to take it really easy though. My uncle says he's beginning to feel he's turned the corner too. We still miss P's Dad, still trying to adjust to him not being there really.
  • J has had what seemed like endless series of tests & assessments, preparation for all of which has been a mad last minute rush. He & his partner had to make a breakfast for food tech assessment so that morning I taught him how to make scrambled egg:
'Do you know how to break an egg?' I asked.
'Yes, I did it at Louise's house when Adam & I were helping make cakes.'
Splat! Egg over worktop, running down fridge door onto floor.
'That happened at Louise's house too.'

Thankfully J's partner was an egg breaking expert while J turned out to be the scrambled egg stirring star so they got full marks. J has also developed a taste for smoked salmon - expensive!
  • Weather here is wild! Electricity was off all day yesterday & wind blown over runner beans.
  • J's prize-giving evening went well, local dignitary handed out prizes. He says he's aiming for an attendance prize next year!
  • There are some big changes happening at church, bit of a shock can't get my head round it yet, will blog more about it later.

No comments: