Translate

Monday 19 July 2010

A hot Monday

Today has been sooo hot. Too hot to sit outside. It has been one of those days when I got to school picking up time & thought 'What have I actually done today? I've not been doing nothing but there's nothing to show for what I've been doing.'

J's friend Tim is staying with us tonight, I think he & J have just about stopped talking & annoying P who likes to get to sleep early. Earlier the four of us went out for a meal to an Italian restaurant where P & I both had vegetable risotto which sounds boring but is delicious. Having the same as P avoided my usual problem of liking what he gets more than what I get. When it came to dessert though he ordered amaretto ice-cream which I tasted & decided was much nicer than my coconut. He did give me some, well in return for a spoonful of my mango sorbet (you get 2 scoops of ice cream so I chose 2 different flavours). J had chicken & bacon tagliatelle in white wine sauce followed by lemon sorbet & ice cream. Tim had burger & chips then chocolate fudge cake - obviously on a healthy eating programme.

Shortly after we got home the phone rang - J's piano teacher to say J had passed exam. Yippee! The really strange thing though is that his best piece is the one for which he got the lowest marks & he got a good mark for the singing test which we'd all written off as a no-hoper. Strange things exams.

No comments: