Translate

Friday 30 April 2010

Sorry

Sorry, I haven't blogged for ages. This is because I have been busy with organising the Pudding & Prayer Evening & then tired recovering from the P & P Evening then busy trying to catch up on the housework which I hadn't done cos I was organising the P & P evening then tired cos I was recovering from the housework...

Anyway apart from two holes in tablecloths & one singed prayer bulletin (were those candles really a good idea?) the Pudding & Prayer Evening went really well. P & I spent a lot of time setting up the hall with our prayer stations. We had a slight disagreement as I had planned to have a sand tray in which people could write the word SIN & then smooth it out so it's completely gone in the same way our sin is gone when God forgives us. He'd brought along builders sand which had been sitting in a heap outside for years. I mean how many cats had used that for a toilet? No problem said he. Big problem said I (sometimes I don't understand my husband). Anyway we ended up driving to the hardware shop to get a bag of play sand.

We also went to a country pub for lunch which was brilliant - £10 for a super two course lunch - salmon cakes with aoli & smoked haddock in yummy sauce with asparagus & other fresh veg. I'm going to go there again definitely.

Anyway a lot of people turned up & we all had some delicious puddings. I had planned this introduction where I talked a bit & then played a CD - 'History Maker' by Delirious. I got really nervous just before doing it & contemplated just leaving & never coming back but once I started talking I was fine. Then everyone really joined in the prayer activities & loads of people said they really enjoyed it which was good.

Now I'm in the middle of organising the youth activity day which I organised last year. P's not going this time a J is now in the older group which camps there for the week-end.

No comments: