Translate

Sunday 30 August 2009

Heat recovery

Got quite stressed at church this morning. J sitting behind me with Adam & 3 other boys. I have already got them to sit nearer the front away from the older people who were complaining they were being noisy. Trouble is there's one who is quite young, only 3 or 4 & he sits there to be with his bigger brother & he is noisy! The others make nearly as much noise telling him to be quiet. His parents sit the other side of the church apparently unaware of it all. The only one who wasn't making any noise this morning was J & despite repeatedly turning round & going 'Shhh' I couldn't really get them to behave, in fact Adam was just getting more & more giggly. Several people were staring & the woman sitting next to me, who just happened to be the one who stormed out of the church meeting, was obviously annoyed. But what can I do? If I make too much fuss they might stop coming & none of the noisy ones are from Christian families, it's good they come to church.
Anyway now August has finished Sunday school will start again. Hooray!
Had long chat with minister about church library. He's all for buying new books which is good & we seem to be on same wavelength about types of books. I've been trying to reorganise the library a bit. A couple of weeks ago I went in & with P's help put the books in piles according to which category they came into. I didn't have time to finish, went home & came back 2 days later to find someone had tidied them up & put them on shelves in random order. Obviously they were trying to help but I could have cried. Anyway I want to sort them out, & get it looking nice.
After church J went round Adam's house & is going to sleep over. Peaceful afternoon & evening.
P has just started working on our ventilation & heat recovery system. This is very good as it might mean we don't have to have the windows open in the winter. It'll be really interesting to see what difference it makes to the temperature of the house. I still want to get a wood burning stove though.

No comments: