Translate

Saturday 16 April 2016

Update

Sooo... what's been happening?

Well we flew to Ireland in October. This was far from easy with the leg still being so immobile but the airline crew were wonderful and, with my leg stretched over two seats next to me we managed. We stayed in a different cottage to our usual one, which was very nice and cosy (we could afford it as it was off-season). The weather wasn't all that good but we had some nice relaxing days and P managed to go for a couple of walks. My relatives came over for a lovely meal cooked by P and we met up with them in restaurants a few times.

Jane's funeral was the week after we returned, her family gave such lovely speeches and a couple of the Irish ones played some fiddle music at the reception as their tribute to her. It was strange without her when we were in Wales for Easter. I especially thought of her when we went to church as we chose that particular one for her because she used to come with us and she was an Anglican. It is such a lovely church and the people are so friendly - some of them remembered us even though it was a year since we'd been. I just love the teaching and worship there as well.

The weather in Wales was interesting - some rain, some sunshine, some wind, some hail, some snow.

It was lovely to be with my brother and family at Easter and here's the exciting news - he's bringing my dad to stay on Friday - Dad's coming to see me. Things with my dad have not always been easy so I just feel so thankful that he's coming. It's been eighteen months since I saw him last. Been kind of having a bit of a tidy-up, well actually this started the day our house-group (or life-group as they call them at our church) was held at our house though in the end only one man turned up. It was nice though, we sat and watched a dvd and J was listening with one headphone off, and we all ate chocolate biscuits, talking of which weight situation not so good, let's just say 'Mum's weight loss chart' has a zig-zag aspect to it. Sooo... today has been non-sugar day. In fact I had got into a pattern of non-sugar days and was losing the flab then it all got de-railed by a home-made cake. Me and food, it just gets complicated.

What has also been complicated has been J's uni application, thought it was all sorted then he unexpectedly had another offer and it was quite a hard choice, however it's made now and he just needs to formally confirm his first and second choices. I counted up that we'd had twelve uni visits in total, including several 'post-offer' visits.

Is it any easier contemplating my boy leaving home. Nope. Excited for him but...

P meanwhile has been busy looking after me, ferrying J around, being Chair of Governors, doing audio at church and working on the house and garden. In fact our bathroom is very nearly finished. This is very exciting as it has been an extremely long time since I have had a completed bathroom.

So what else? Oh yes the leg, perhaps I'll devote a whole post to the leg.




No comments: