Translate

Friday 22 April 2016

Best laid plans...

Dad has been staying with my brother and the plan was that they would both travel down here and stay the night and we'd take Dad back home tomorrow. Then Dad asked if he could stay another night and we said fine, a bit more awkward as have to take him back after church on Sunday and get the feeling if he comes to church with us he wouldn't actually like it but be great to have him another day. They were going to meet up with my older niece and bring her here for a while before she got a bus or train back to uni.

Great, really looking forward to seeing them all. Doing lots of tidying and cleaning (ie generally knocking myself out, never mind), planning some nice food.

Then...

Dad had tummy bug, got over it but still weak and decided he wanted to go straight home and can't blame him really (and with J about to do exams and my health issues we didn't really want to risk catching it). This meant my brother took different route to Dad's house and I didn't get to see my niece. Still at least we'd see my brother so we still prepared nice food and I. who haven't cooked for ages, actually made some brownies. Well he is still coming but has been held up and isn't expecting to get here until nine o'clock tonight (21.00 as P would say). 

So disappointed.

No comments: