Translate

Friday 17 October 2014

A new watch and raw mozzarella

J started school late this morning (due to open evening last night) and was finishing at lunch time as they are allowed to go home to 'study' after their last lesson of the day. P and I decided to wander round local town for a few hours. P is picking J up from school most of the time now as his bus fares have shot up now he's 16.

For my 18th birthday, a long time ago, my parents gave me a gold watch. This stopped working many years ago and the bracelet was also broken. A few weeks ago I thought about getting it repaired and took it to a jeweller's who quoted £135! That really was a bit too much and today P bought me another watch which was a lot cheaper but very nice I think. Have just got to wait while they take some of the links out of the bracelet as it was a bit loose.

We also got one of those toilet-roll holders that stands on the floor as we've realised that there's nowhere on the bathroom wall to fix one unless you want to dislocate your shoulder each time you use it. Bet you really wanted to know that.

P also got the latest Bernard Cornwell book - he's a big fan.

Then we had lunch in Sainsbury's cafe. As we went in one of the staff was saying 'We've got Spiced Orange Mocha now specially for the Christmas season'. Sounds very nice but it's not Christmas it's the middle of October. Anyway I had a nice 'Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagne' and P had a mozzarella and tomato salad. I never fancy raw mozzarella really but he likes it. 

Back home and P and J have been assembling base of greenhouse whcih is actually a bit huge.

No comments: