Translate

Sunday 8 June 2014

Tennis

Friday was J's 3 exam day. Day got off to a difficult start due to traffic jams, delayed buses etc but he got there on time. He had to be supervised durng his breaks as he was taking one exam before everyone else. I really expected that between them both he and the supervisor would have managed to organise some food for him. His lunch was in P's car, J had a set of car keys. He went all day without eating. Sigh.

Yesterday there was a thunder storm. Ater that P and I went to the Old Peope's Home Annual Bazaar. Taled to several people including one couple who used to be on the Unity Committee when I was secretary and had moved down south 8 years ago.

Got some yummy cheese bread and we also bought 10 tombola tickets and won 8 prizes. Wow! Prizes included a large tryptic picture of poppies against a blue sky. Big debate going on as to where to put it. I also bought what I think is a nice handbag for £1!

They also had a performance by local theatrre school which was so good. Woman next to me asked if I'd come to watch my grandchildren perform. Sigh. The reality is though that I am old enough to be a grandmother just somehow I've managed to be the mum of a 16 year old - who should be revising Maths and Chemistry right now.

Have also been watching a lot of tennis, too much really, but has been so good. have watched so much tennis that  have hardly been out in sunshine at all.

No comments: