Translate

Thursday 5 June 2014

English!

For some time a dark cloud has been heading, steadily and inevitably, towards us. Finally on Tuesday it was upon us - in the form of J's English Language exam. Cue lots of prayers for him and others taking it, including our friends' son who is retaking and can't go to college unless he passes. J did try and pull a sickie but he had to admit he was unlikely to get a certificate from the doctor as he wasn't really all that ill. He didn't feel too bad about it afterwards - Question 6 good, Question 5 bad, others ok-ish. We went out for a nice lunch at cafe in farm shop. This was my celebration of what I hope is the end of English forever - yay. Veg soup and cheese scone for me - yum.

As we went round Waitrose J's English tutor texted me to ask how he felt he'd done. I told her and she replied 'The trouble with this exam is they don't really know how they've done until they get the result' which sort of deflated me a bit. The harsh reality is that very strange things can happen with exam marking these days. Anyway it's all in God's hands now and I'm not going to worry.

No comments: