Translate

Thursday 4 July 2013

Trip to the vet and more tennis

This morning we took Mavis and her cat to the vet as it was time for Blackie's annual check-up. Now to some extent I like animals - I had a cat Mitzi, a dog Rusty and a large number of rodents (due to our inability to tell boy gerbils from girl gerbils it was actually a very large number of rodents) including dear Digger and Nibble my white bunny who sadly died in childbirth. I loved them all. The trouble is that since becoming a microbiologist I know too much about animals and germs.

I went into the vet's and said: 'I can't sit on those chairs they've got hair all over them.' and everyone looked at me like 'What is wrong with you?' I gingerly sat down and we waited.

Then this woman came in with a Yorkshire terrier puppy on her shoulder and everyone was oohing and aahing over it. Then she kissed it. On the lips.

Seriously, grossly, YUK. 

Turned out Blackie should have fasted for his blood test so we'll have to go back. Can't wait.

Afterwards we popped into the Co-Op quickly while Blackie filled the car with the stench of warm cat. 

'That took all morning,' I said as we got home.

The phone rang. 'I left my credit card in the Co-Op,' said Mavis.

After lunch which included our own lettuces and radishes P sorted out Mavis and I watched the ladies' semi-finals. Poor Flipkens. Second match between Lisicki and Radwanska brilliant.

The question is now: can Andy do it?

No comments: