Translate

Friday 31 May 2013

Spotty tummy and exams

This is a break from updating to talk about now as in the end of May.

This strange thing happened at the weekend - I think it's called sunshine. Anyway it's so long since we've had any that I'd kind of forgotten about the dangers and I sat out in it on Sunday afternoon which was lovely but I got sunburnt. Thankfully I'd got a high SPF moisturiser on my face but there was a bright red streak along the top of my chest. I also, and this is embarrassing, had bared my tummy to the sun in order to up my vitamin D levels and that too got sizzled and is still red and spotty. How silly of me.

This week is half term and we're at home. J has quite a lot of schoolwork to do. He did mock GCSEs a few weeks ago. The marks he's had so far are:  Maths A*, Chemistry A*, Graphics A*, Biology A, German B and also B for his 'real thing' German assessment, Art C+ but apparently they marked it as they would the real thing but only gave them half the time to do it so that's a good mark really. In Year 10 they mark them really strictly in Art as they're meant to show improvement over the two years, has come as a bit of a shock to J. Anyway that's it so far I think. They've had a truly awful supply teacher in Physics this half term as the other teacher suddenly left, don't know why. J said the supply teacher would turn up without having prepared anything and would sit down at the laptop and make up some questions which were sometimes impossible. When they couldn't do them he'd show them how to do them wrong. When J queried something he basically told him to get lost. Anyway we complained and apparently nearly everyone else did too, some of the pupils even criticised him because when they messed around he didn't stop them (I suppose not messing around wasn't an option). When he turned up for the last lesson 3 girls got up and walked out and went to the Head of Year and said they weren't prepared to be taught by him any more. Last week the Head of Physics phoned and said he was going and she and the Head of Science would share teaching J's class next half term. They're going to have a lot to catch up. Anyway whether anyone has marked their Physics exam papers I don't know.

No comments: