Translate

Friday 31 May 2013

New scooter, nice dress and sore lips

On Wednesday we went to a town a few hundred miles away to pick up another mobility scooter for me, my blue one Scootie, having died. My new one is red, I need a new name for it.

While we were there we went to a quite expensive clothes shop. This is because we've been invited to a wedding evening reception and when I showed P the dress I was going to wear he said the colour was drab, the front drooped and it looked like something his grandmother would have worn (so you like it then?). Anyway in this shop I tried on a dress which was quite a bright green with a red, blue and white pattern and it fitted really well. Then the shop assistant said they'd got a jacket which would look really good with it -bright red (!) but she was right it did look good and actually made me look like I've got a waist. So I ended up buying them and hoping this bright red thing is going to work.

Yesterday we were shopping and I thought I should get some lipstick to go with this dress. Normally I don't wear lipstick much. P suggested a colour which I wasn't sure about but I went along with it. When I tried it on at home it obviously wasn't right - a metallic bluey pinky red and looked awful. Trouble was it's what they call 24 hour lipstick and I couldn't get it off. I kept rubbing in cleansing cream like they said but it wouldn't budge and my lips got sore and blistered. Bit by bit it's been flaking off but I've spent 24 hours looking stupid. Never buying that brand again. Have to try another one. Now which shoes should I wear?...



 

No comments: