Translate

Friday 10 December 2010

Friday

I've been trying to upload some of my videos of the snow but it's not working, will try again tomorrow.

Something really awful happened to one of my friends. Her car got stuck in the ice & a man came out of his house & offered to push. Then he slipped & hit his head & was lying there unconscious. He went to hospital, just hope he's ok. Obviously it's not her fault but she feels really bad.

The snow & ice have been really bad but it's beginning to thaw now. There've been some very loud whooshes as snow has slid off the roof at the back of the house where it gets no sun.

Today I went out to do some Christmas shopping, well actually I went out & did some on Tuesday as well but in a different town. It's so hard getting round the shops on the scooter at this time of year as not only are there crowds of people but they try & cram as much stuff in as possible making the aisles really narrow. This leads to some embarrassing situations when I get stuck or crash into a display. When I went into HMV with J & knocked down the DVD display he said 'Mum, I'm not with you,' & walked off.

A couple of months ago I was in the precinct eating a sandwich & feeling a bit embarrassed about it as my school gave me a life-long hang-up about eating on the street & I'm not exactly inconspicous when a girl from church came past. Today I was in the precinct again eating a sandwich & feeling a bit embarrassed & the same girl came past. Perhaps she just spends a lot of time in the precinct. She said on Monday there's going to be more snow.

P had his work Christmas lunch today which he really enjoyed. I feel a bit jealous as I haven't had a Christmas lunch so far this year. When he got home he made spaghetti carbonara for J & me but sadly the sauce curdled & was a bit unpleasant. Never mind.

I'd better go & do some Christmas cards or something.

No comments: