Translate

Monday 7 September 2009

Woodpeckers keep out

Sitting here listening to the sounds of birds pecking & scratching at our outside walls, just hope that woodpecker doesn't start again!
Had a busy week-end as Becky needed us to mind Tim on Saturday. We went into town first to get J a watch so he can be on time for his lessons, mad dash back to get here in time for Tim to be dropped off, half an hour later Becky phoned & asked if P could pick him up. J in quite a bossy mood & kept shouting at Tim but most of the time they played together ok. J a bit emotionally fragile at the moment, if something upsets him he goes over the edge easily, obviously the strain/excitement/tiredness of starting school. Have heard from a few other parents that their children are very tired as well. Tim stayed for a sleepover in the end & they seemed to settle down fairly well.
I was quite busy Sat & Sun sorting out church library books & making labels for the shelves on the computer, I think I overdid it a bit as I've got a bad back now. Yesterday morning at church I was happily sticking labels on shelves when heard through the wall the minister introducing the service, suddenly remembered I was meant to be in there.
Yesterday J went to a reptile party & I lay on airbed in the sun. Bliss!
Both J & I woke up late this morning, he got into real strop & kept banging bathroom door (how does it stay on its hinges?). In the end I lost my temper too & slammed the door! However we got to school on time complete with his reading book, homework diary, snack & old shirt for art but minus his drink bottle again. Remembering what he needs for each day is really hard especially as it's a 2 week timetable, so we have to remember if it's week A or week B. Louise has done a spreadsheet for Adam to try & make it easier. Must try & get it all ready the night before.
As we drew near the school J transformed into a sweet natured boy, I'm sure he has one personality for school & one for home. No, that's not really true, he is often sweet at home too but like me he's just not very good in the morning, after years of shouting at me to get up & get ready my Mum would think I got my just desserts.

No comments: