Translate

Thursday 3 September 2009

Thankful Thursday

Just realised it's a Thursday so here are 10 things I'm thankful for:

1) J seemed happy going into school.
2) It's a lovely sunny (though a bit windy) Autumn day.
3) I feel quite happy & peaceful today.
4) We had a really good Evening Service at church last night. Some of us have felt that the corporate prayer life of our church isn't quite all it should be & last night the minister had felt led to change his talk & do one on prayer. We had a time of discussing what we felt difficult about prayer & then a time of just sitting in silence. Then after communion we had a prayer time & it really seemed to take off. I'm usually really shy about praying in church but even I said a prayer. Afterwards we were talking until 10.00 & planning how we can pray together in future. All very positive.
5) P & I are going to set up a 'prayer corner' in the corner of the hall.
6) My family.
7) My house.
8) Hot running water.
9) My washing machine.
10) The lovely bunch of flowers P bought me on Saturday.

No comments: