Translate

Thursday 24 April 2014

How can you forget when your first GCSE exam is?

Many years ago when I did my O-levels (equivalent of GCSEs in those days) the date of the first exam was seared into my mind for weeks if not months beforehand, ever moving closer with a terrible stomach-churning inevitability.

Fast forward to my son starting his GCSE exams: 

Phone call to Mum on his way home from school 'Can you email my German teacher cos I've just found out my Art exams aren't next week they start tomorrow and clash with my German assessment?'

His first proper GCSE exam and he forgot when it was ???!!!!!

The Art exams, which last 3 days,  weren't on the timetable emailed to us by the school, the teacher told them when they were and they wrote it down.

It's been sorted with German teacher - assessment is today after  Art.

I just feel a bit sort of traumatised by this. 

No comments: