Translate

Saturday 27 August 2011

Sunday in Wales

On Sunday we went to a very good family service at a large Anglican church in town, together with my brother's sort of mother in law, whom I'll call Mary, who lives with them half the year. A lot of the young people were away at Soul Survivor. Then we went to meet my brother's partner & my younger niece at a horse & craft show. It turned out to be a nightmare to try & park & we ended up so far away Mary couldn't walk but she was happy to sit by the harbour for a while while P pushed me to look at craft stalls & J tagged along. Had what was really the most delicious pasty I've ever had - chicken & mushroom, pastry was so crumbly just melted in my mouth. Didn't manage to meet up with rest of family. Went on beach for a little while - video in post above.
In evening my brother hosted a barbecue for several of his friends & us, to celebrate Mary's birthday. Very good time, lots of yummy food. P & my brother in cave-man mode in charge of barbecuing.
Afterwards J, his cousin & a friend went off for a walk in the dark & were gone what seemed to be ages. I was a bit concerned as he's not used to night walks but they were all fine.
Also played Barbies with younger niece. Have suspicion that she gets Barbies out cos she thinks I enjoy playing with them while she's really too old.

No comments: