Translate

Tuesday 24 March 2020

What happened next?

Another 'What happened next'

This was 31st December 2011:

I've just looked up my post for last New Year and I had flu. So I'm very thankful for being relatively healthy this year, except my leg is hurting. It hurts every morning when I wake up but usually eases off if I stand on it for a little while but today it's kept hurting. Never mind it will get better.

I'm sort of wondering about some resolutions, perhaps:

1)    Pray and read the Bible at the start of each day as far as possible
2)    Get up on time and be generally better organised in the mornings
3)    Sort out our bedroom so instead of a dumping ground for clutter it becomes a peaceful,      harmonious and restful place to be
4)    Finish my essay
5)    Get back into my dark blue jeans
6)    Sort out my kitchen cupboards
7)    Spend some time with God praying about future and especially about church situation
8)    Go on a healing course
9)    Wear nail varnish more often
10)  Get my hair cut regularly

You know what, I'm going to do all these, not all at once but I'll work towards them so by the end of the year they've happened. Where's the nail varnish?

So what happened? 

Well my leg doesn't hurt like that any more. It hurts in other ways but not like that. Actually I'm really thankful it doesn't hurt like that any more.

So what happened with the resolutions?

1) Yes I pretty much did that.
2) I think I pretty much didn't do that.
3) I STILL haven't done that. Nine years later and our bedroom still isn't sorted.
4) I never finished that essay. I gave up the (theology) course.
5) Since I've been on the Acid Watcher Diet I have lost weight. And this week I GOT BACK INTO MY DARK BLUE JEANS.  I've been trying to slim back into them for 14 years and now it's happened!Yes! Yes! Yes!
And embroidered jeans are back in fashion again.
6) Nope. Never got cupboards sorted. Well did make a start and cleared one but it got clogged up again. Still in these days of isolation and empty shop shelves  we will probably be eating all the stuff at the back of them, however old it is. 
7) Yes I did that and we left our church and moved to the new one and have never looked back.
8) Yes did that. In fact have been on lots and lots of healing courses since then.
9) Had a bit of an attempt at doing that but didn't keep it up really. Occasionally I wear nail varnish.
10) Well if three times a year is regularly...

I don't do resolutions any more.
I have goals now.
 

No comments: