Translate

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Acid Watcher Diet

It's a bit complicated dealing with the current situation at the same time as managing my other health issues as in ME and arthritis and osteoporosis and acid reflux and a few other things thrown in.

The acid reflux is the big problem right now. I am on a special diet now called 'The Acid Watcher Diet' which is based on a book by Dr Jonathan Aviv. The first phase of this is quite restrictive but is only supposed to last 28 days. I've been at that stage for three months now.

The problem is that everyone is different and so although a food may be 'approved' on the diet someone may still have a problem with it. It can take a while to sort out what the'trigger' foods are. Also there have been a couple of times it's been derailed when I've been out or when I've eaten something and not realised it wasn't ok.

My main problem is what they call 'throat burn' which is when your throat literally feels like it's burning. My ears can be affected too. I'll explain the science behind this another time.

This period of isolation really is an opportunity to get the diet sorted and hopefully start to feel better.

Tonight I had frozen banana, soya milk, peanut butter and a teaspoon of manuka honey all mashed up together in the blender. It was yummy actually.

The main foods/drinks I'm not supposed to eat at the moment include coffee, chocolate (!), citrus fruits, fruit juices, sugar (!), berries, wine, processed foods, additives, white bread, rice pasta etc, garlic, pepper, 'hot' spices or any uncooked spice, onions, a lot of cheeses.

P has been making me wholemeal soda bread which is delicious.

Just hoping this is going to work cos acid reflux is horrible, it really is.

No comments: