Translate

Saturday 12 November 2011

School

I'm just about coming to terms with the whole bullying thing. I don't feel good that my son was bullied and beaten up and I certainly don't feel good that he lashed out and hit the bullies nor do I feel good that he didn't tell anyone. I keep wondering if I was too hard on his head of year and I did apologise to her for having got so emotional but I still don't feel that initially she handled it well.

Now we just have to work on preventing such a situation arising again. He has a 'bullying diary' in which he's meant to write down any incidents in which anyone does anything unpleasant to him and show it to his head of year. He doesn't feel very comfortable with this understandably. He's only had one 'incident' so far when a boy thought he was sitting on 'his' stool and pushed him off so his head collided with his friend John's head. He says that boy just 'tends to be violent' and he doesn't feel it was personal. Anyway the boy's going to be 'sanctioned'.

I'm praying that everything will settle down and there won't be anything else to write in the diary.

Apart from this J is happy at school. He's been invited to join the 'gifted and talented arts props club' which paints the scenery for the school plays. As a reward he'll get a free ticket for the play and a mention in the programme. Wow!

 

No comments: