Translate

Friday 19 November 2010

House group dilemma

I'm better now & back to my usual routine, except P was off today & did the school runs.

This morning I did something a bit unusual. There's another church we've been going to sometimes on a Sunday evening & I had decided to try one of their house groups. Last night I thought I wasn't going to bother but P said why not give it a try. Anyway I felt really shy when I got there but it was really good. We watched a dvd of someone called Andrew Womack teaching & then discussed it. I can't believe how much stuff I shared. Then we listened to a really good song I'd never heard before & had a time of prayer. There were 6 other women there & they were all really nice. So I think I'll go back next week.

For the whole of this term at my usual house group we haven't managed to have a single in-depth discussion which is frustrating. I really love the people there but increasingly it's not giving me what I'm looking for, which is the opportunity to grow in my faith. Two of the people who go aren't yet Christians, two are older & quite set in their ways & really don't seem to want to change & our leader became the leader when she was still a very new Christian & has a lovely personality but a very limited knowledge of the Bible. On top of that the teaching on Sunday is now quite variable & while we're meant to get notes for the house group from the preacher it doesn't always happen & often they're really not enough to get a discussion going.

So long term what should I do? I don't know is the answer. The new group breaks for Christmas after next week anyway. Just have to see.

No comments: