Translate

Friday 2 July 2010

A good morning

I think I did so well this morning. I got up early & did some more piano with J which went well (but we have yet to hit the dreaded middle section with the trill in Minuetto).

I was resolved to stay calm & when J still hadn't packed his books after I'd asked him 5 times I went over, looked him in the eye & calmly & clearly said:

'I have asked you several times to pack your books & I would really like you to do it now.'

And he did!

My friend who's a teacher says the key is to keep your voice low, if it gets shrill children pick up that you're losing it & play up.

We set off for school nice & early, missed bad traffic, dropped ironing off on way & got him to school 15 minutes before assembly. Wow! If only I could do this every day.

Some really good news is that J has won an award at school! For 'exceptional effort'! We are going to a prize-giving evening to see him get it. He has worked hard at school, I think he deserves it.


No comments: